Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

September 26, 2011

What a Festival!



We were so anxious to get to
 "Rootstalk" that we arrived 3  hours early... in fact first!  There were so  I heard over 1000 people in attendance * that's why we wanted to get there first*

After we set up our tents and campsite we explored the grounds. The forest was beautiful, the weather was perfect.  We  learned so much about plants, organic food and our planet. There were many classes to choose from to attend * no way could we attend them all.. Our days started at 7 am with Yoga  for those wanting to attend and went through out the day and into the forest and classrooms until 7/8 pm.  Music filled the main stage throughout the event and  there were organic vegetarian food  booths and craft vendors as well. ( somehow those pictures didn't turn out). But  bottom line we had a great time meeting  interesting people and sharing  in celebrating our planet, people and plants. I have a renewed appreciation for organics in healthy food and personal herbal body lotions & potions and will start using more of those in my daily life.
It was fun to spend 4 days in the forest with friends.




 We ended Saturday night with a grand finale Masquerade Ball.

2 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Oh that looks like so much FUN let alone everything you learned, Cheryl...:)JP

Mary said...

How interesting-I think that would be great to attend next year. Cheryl, let me know if you'd like to attend book club in October.