Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

February 10, 2013

A Good Friend...


I'm home after a short trip to Washington. Visited with my dear friend Leila and my mom. We went to River Bend Cafe in North Bend where she lives. I used to live there too and this cafe has had many owners and business names.. Its on the Cascade Golf Course and just off I-90 at exit #436. Leila inspires me with her decorating talent. She has a great eye for color and has taken some fabulous pictures. A nose for sniffing out the best sales and a heart as big as a truck... When I lived there we  have had the opportunity to shop and thrift and craft together .. We even made crafts to sell and called ourselves "Two Charming Chicks".  I love her like a sister and really miss our time together.. I try to see her when I get up there and hope  one day she will make it down to my neighborhood.. Do you have a Good Friend living in another state that you can go visit? We will always be in touch...

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

A lot of my friends live out of state and all but one live hundreds of miles away. It makes life difficult and emptier; trust me, I know only too well.

Always Nesting said...

Oh yes! My friend Chris lives in Southern California and we've been friends since we met at Jazzercise when our kids were still in diapers! Her son and my daughter were supposed to get married but for some reason they just didn't go along with what their moms wanted :) We still, after all these years, go back and forth for special occasions.