Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

January 28, 2013

Life Through different Windows

Today I feel a bit better, although it's again gray and gloomy outside.  My readers make me feel better.. realizing its just "January Funk".. and I'm determined to rise above it and think better thoughts.. 

So  Here I go.. Sharing a view from a different WINDOW!

Some time ago I became obsessed with old windows. I have these in and outside our home. The one above is over the guest bed.. It has nothing in the panes... I stained the frame and just hung it.. Thinking I may want to add a bit more to it..
 The scenery one below has pictures from our travels in Utah ( the Canyon Lands) and  Arizona. I again left the frame as found..paint peeling.. I think it adds charm.. ( the photo shows streaks on the pictures I think from a reflection, They are not visible on the original glass )
The two on the chicken coop and shed were taken from an old lodge in Oregon. They were on cabins at Lake Creek.  The turquoise frames I painted and added mirrors to and hung them on my family room wall..  I keep seeing ideas for old windows to be used in the garden .. I like that idea too... 

  

No comments: