Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

June 7, 2010

Who's minding the nest?




It appears Mr. Mallard swimming, eating &  taking it easy, while Mrs. Mallard sits on the eggs doing the mom bit right?
... But wait.. here's the nest with nobody home sitting for these "egg- lets"... seems mama decided to take a bath, eat and exercise a bit too... I had to go take aother peek..I wondered  how the eggs would stay warm & safe, and found  
The nest was totally covered with feathers.. Mama did a great  job of conceiling these eggs,.,. I carefully removed the top layer of feathers and there they were.. I counted 7 maybe 8 covered the nest after taking the photo and returned to the pond where I found both ducks happy taking a break.. I think this is going to be a nice family.... soon..and Daddy is hanging around waiting for the big day..... He's got babysitting to do when they hatch....or does she not get a break then too?

1 comment:

Carol............. said...

Don't you just love this? Can't wait to see how many will hatch out!