Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

April 20, 2010

Today,I have come to a full STOP

Is it me or does it just seem like winter is taking a long time to leave? One day last week I felt like it was really Spring..I spent a day at the Lake, grabbed another photo op of the area in which I live and felt very positive.. warm and comfortable with  a smile and a spring in  my step. I updated my calendar with fun activities coming up, a trip to the beach, a theater night, yesterday I shopped for fabric to replace a patio cushion. Browsed the craft store & had a lovely Sunday with my "farmgirl" friends including a great lunch. 
Something is not right... I am never like this.. Never bored, or un inspired...but Now  I am looking outside at rain, a dark cloudy sky with cooler temperature than yesterday...
Thinking of the things that I could be doing, but have no energy to get out of the chair to do.. like embroider the piece I started last week, straighten my craft room, or even bake some chocolate chip cookies, but no  here I sit even making  tonights dinner overwhelms my ambition.
I think it would rather  curl up in a quilt and read for the rest of the afternoon or perhaps take a short nap.... I am sure you have had days like this too... haven't you? How does going out for a burger sound? That may be just what I do....Wake me when its Sping please...

3 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Cheryl,
Hope you are feeling better. Don't think its unusual to feel this way once in while. I have a day like that now and then and I hate it. Can't understand why I have lost interest in most things. But it comes back.
Nancy Jo

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, I'm feeling your pain! We are back to rain rain rain and I have a flat of flowers waiting to be planted. Grrrr.....

I want to be sitting poolside, in my bikini of course, and sipping an umbrella drink. Truth be told, I have no pool, children would run screaming if I was wearing a bikini and well, no umbrella drinks for me or I dance on the tables.

TMI, I know. I know.:)

Junebug said...

Oh Cheryl, do I ever know what you are talking about. Last week I was so not with it. I even bought my bike thinking that would help. It has got to be the weather. I'm thinking even a McDonald's hamburger tonight. Then it's home and curl up. Last night gave me a quick moment to walk around the yard and list all the things I'm not getting done. We will just have to hang in there and keep even our toes crossed for some sunshine and inspiration.