Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

April 13, 2009

Sunday Morning Drive

Easter morning we took a long drive in the country. Our destination was Mt. Shasta. We often take a detour down a country roads, sometimes a few less traveled, like over bumpy dirt roads to let the dogs run a bit. I snapped this picture of Mt Shasta in the back ground.
As we drove further down this road I took this shot of tiny yellow wild flowers were popping through the pastures. A nice drive for a Sunday. Very peaceful here listening to meadowlarks. The day was pleasantly warm with a few clouds. Very relaxing , I do believe Spring is on her way.

3 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Isn't it fun to just ride around. We always look for old cemeteries. Not sure why that is. Looking to be a mild week here, might start to see some real color. The leaves should be out soon.
Nancy Jo

Sam I Am...... said...

Cheryl...whew...I've been having SO MUCH trouble with my email and MJ's subscriptions! That's why I haven't posted to you or Mj's much...I'm still dealing with it. Anyway, LOVE your pictures and what a beautiful place you live! The grandkids visited several weeks ago so Easter was quiet here too and cold and windy and rainy! Poor Easter bunny!
Good to see you again through no fault of yours! LOL!
Sam (Sandra Licher) an MJ farmgirl! Plus...your blog is gorgeous....how did you do it?

Gail said...

How pretty it is there. Bet it smells wonderful of sage brush.