Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

April 10, 2009

Rainy days mean baking..cookies.

What better thing to do on a rainy day....and Oh, the kitchen will smell heavenly. These cookies are fabulous. I have tried many recipes and I think they are the best. My Husband will agree and they are especially good right out of the oven warm with a glass of cold milk..or a cup of tea... Yummy! Of course you can make them anytime...

Double Peanut Butter Cookies
( from the Essential Baker Cookbook...by Carole Bloom)
If you are a peanut lover, these cookies are for you.
Loaded with peanuts & peanut butter. I recommend using extra chunky peanut butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Adjust oven racks to the upper 1/3 and lower 1/3
Line two sheets with parchment paper or non stick liners.

2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Sift together in a large bowl and set aside

In the bowl of an electric mixer: mix well until creamy
6 oz ( 1 1 /2 sticks unsalted butter softened with
1 cup of peanut butter
Stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.

Next add and mix until well blended
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar.
Slightly mix with a fork 2 large eggs ( at room temperature)

Pour into peanut butter sugar mixture and beat at med speed, until well blended, again scrape down sides of bowl.

Add the dry ingredients that were set aside gradually blending completely.
Add ½ cup chopped lightly salted peanuts to the cookie mix and blend well.
Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop out dough onto baking sheets leaving 2 inches of space between cookies for expansion.
Bake in 350 oven for 7 minutes switch the baking sheets and bake another 7 -8 minutes until the cookies are set and golden brown.
Depending on size of scoop.. Makes 3 to 5 dozen cookies.
Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months..
Mine never make it past 3 days…..
Enjoy
 

2 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Cheryl,
They sure do look good. I just might have to give them a try. Did you get the dump cake recipe I e'mailed you?
Nancy Jo

Nancy Cook said...

Yum. Peanut butter cookies sound delicious!