Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

January 26, 2009

Winter is still here


Yesterday Clay &I went out to the Lower Klamath National Bird Refuge. We saw several Tundra Swans, a few Bald eagles , Canada Geese, some unidentified ducks, & Snow Geese. It was cold with a few tiny snowflakes falling. Buster had a great time running and sniffing every hole and bunch grass he found.
I think this picture is one that captures "Winter stillness" Today I am going to practice stillness. I am anxious to get the garden ready to plant and know full well Mother Nature is not going to be be rushed. Today will be a planning day. Making plans for Spring planting, wait for seeds to arrive and read. I might even bake a cake.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I have enjoyed visiting your blog. So many wonderful pictures. I love the Sunday breakfast and your tea story.
Ruth

Nancy Cook said...

You should send me some cake.